Hello Parents and students,
Well, currently, the Google Classrooms are not working, so ignore the information at the bottom of the page for now. Here is what I would like you to do:
- Use the website www.chompchomp.com and practice your grammar. It is important for your writing. The site has videos, written explanations and exercises. When you complete an exercise, screenshot or email your score to me. I will keep them in a gradebook.
- Read! Read anything you like. You can find many great books online if you can’t go to the library. After you complete a reading, write a summary and email it to me. I will keep track of these for a grade as well. www.americanliterature.com/100-great-short-stories is a great place to find some short stories, or go to www.gutenberg.com and you can find a long list of classic novels. Remember that a summary tells me who, what, where, when, and why… and then you must tell me whether or not you liked it and why!
- If you have a Khan Academy account, please continue working on your SAT practice for reading and writing!
Ignor the information below for now. We may need it later!
My name is Mrs. Pamela Vega and as you know, we are all now practicing social distancing and must now work from home. I will be continuing classes online in Google Classroom. There are some simple steps you will need to take to access these classes. I believe that you may be able to do the work and access the readings on your phones as well as computers or tablets.
- You will need an email address.
- You will need togo to: https://classroom.google.com/h
- Where it says “join class” enter the following code: 6wz62yt
- I will be available through email and through the class discussions if you need me.
Together we can get through this and support each other. I look forward to hearing from each of you. Take care and be safe!